Winter Fun the Zebrano Way
Winter doesn't have to be all doom and gloom, here's a host of things to do either indoors or out whether you're counting the pennies or not pick something from the list and you're sure to have a great time!
- Take the kids to the park. The park is great at this time of year because it's less busy! Take the sledge or build a snowman! Wrap up warm and take along a flask of hot chocolate.
- Go on a beach walk. The sea air is healthy and therapeutic. Have a go at skimming stones and pebbles or make funny faces in the sand using shells and stones or even draw one with a stick! Look for interesting shaped stones or take one home to paint on another day.
- Get in the garden. Plant some bulbs if you've got kids get them involved too give them their own space to plant and let them get stuck in! While they are planting you could have a lovely rest on your rattan garden furniture which is fully weatherproof and can be left outdoors all year round even in the snow!
- Go woodland walking. Take the dog; he'll love it running through the leaves. Don't forget to wrap up warm and be prepared to get muddy its great fun!
- Build a fire. Invite friends over and build a fire or have a winter BBQ wrap up warm, make some Irish coffees or mulled wine and get cooking the sausages and toasting the marshmallows! Why not use one of our firepits?
- Its Panto time! Whether you've got kids or not, pantomimes are great fun and there's always a few to choose from during the winter who's not up for a bit of he's behind you or oh no he didn't..!
- Invite friends over and cook supper. Or get cooking yourself; the chances are they'll invite you to theirs as a return favour!
- Build a den. This is great fun for kids and adults alike! Build a den or a fort in your living room push all the furniture together and drape over large blankets or old curtains get the cushions on the floor and enjoy a day camping indoors!
- Have a duvet/DVD day. Stay in your PJ's all day and snuggle up on the sofa with your duvet and favourite DVD's
- Make soup! Get creative in the kitchen. This is a great way to use up left over vegetables and if you make a large batch stick it in the freezer for another day. A quick and easy meal and it's full of goodness too!