Winter Fun the Zebrano Way
Winter doesn’t have to be all doom and gloom, here’s a host of things to do either indoors or out whether you’re counting the pennies or not – pick something from the list and you’re sure to have a great time!
- Take the kids to the park. The park is great at this time of year because it’s less busy! Take the sledge or build a snowman! Wrap up warm and take along a flask of hot chocolate.
- Go on a beach walk. The sea air is healthy and therapeutic. Have a go at skimming stones and pebbles or make funny faces in the sand using shells and stones or even draw one with a stick! Look for interesting shaped stones or take one home to paint on another day.
- Get in the garden. Plant some bulbs – if you’ve got kids get them involved too – give them their own space to plant and let them get stuck in! While they are planting you could have a lovely rest on your rattan garden furniture which is fully weatherproof and can be left outdoors all year round even in the snow!
- Go woodland walking. Take the dog; he’ll love it running through the leaves. Don’t forget to wrap up warm and be prepared to get muddy – its great fun!
- Build a fire. Invite friends over and build a fire or have a winter BBQ – wrap up warm, make some Irish coffees or mulled wine and get cooking the sausages and toasting the marshmallows! Why not use one of our firepits?
- Its Panto time! Whether you’ve got kids or not, pantomimes are great fun and there’s always a few to choose from during the winter – who’s not up for a bit of “he’s behind you…” or “oh no he didn’t..!”
- Invite friends over and cook supper. Or get cooking yourself; the chances are they’ll invite you to theirs as a return favour! Have you seen our new Jamies wood fired ovens! They are amazing!
- Build a den. This is great fun for kids and adults alike! Build a den or a fort in your living room – push all the furniture together and drape over large blankets or old curtains – get the cushions on the floor and enjoy a day camping indoors!
- Have a duvet/DVD day. Stay in your PJ’s all day and snuggle up on the sofa with your duvet and favourite DVD’s
- Make soup! Get creative in the kitchen. This is a great way to use up left over vegetables and if you make a large batch stick it in the freezer for another day. A quick and easy meal and it’s full of goodness too!
You must be logged in to post a comment.
click here to log in