When should you lay in the sun?
Some from the UK may well answer, ‘as often as you can’. We have all been told about the health risks of lying in the sun and have on many occasion been told to use high factor sun creams. Never stay in the sun for more than 20 minutes and always avoid the midday sun as that it when it can cause the most damage. There are also some great benefits of lying in the sun which we forget about! When the sun does show it’s face we all feel better but did you know that the sun’s rays encourage your body to produce vitamin D, which is essential to your health and well-being. The main benefits are:
- Lowers blood pressure levels – We could all do with some of that!
- Prevents weight gain – I know I need that!
- Helps prevent Seasonal Affective Disorder.
- Helps alleviates depression.
- Prevents Osteoporosis
- Promotes healthy hair and nail growth.
You must be logged in to post a comment.
click here to log in